Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Blue screen of death - argh! Please help!

Tall Clare - on 11 Jun 2013
Hello all,

I've googled and found a lengthy explanation of what to do on the Microsoft site but any idiot-level recommendations would be great.

I have a Lenovo Z500 laptop that's about two months old. Yesterday the trackpad started playing up (pointer moving slowly, then clicky bits not working) - all a bit odd. The computer then did Blue Screen of Death and when it started up again the fault mentioned was 'driver irql not less or equal'. It's started up again a couple of other times (I'm using it now) but it's keeled over again more than once.

I haven't changed any drivers that I'm aware of - the main thing I'm worried about is that I clicked on a link for a photo site yesterday or the day before (mentioned in the film slr thread) that brought up trojan horse/malware warnings in Avast.

Is there an easy way to fix this without having to wipe my computer and start again? I have lots of work I need to do today!

Many thanks in advance, o UKC IT department
... not showing 39 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums