ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Squamish Beta

snoop6060 - on 11 Jun 2013
I'm putting together a rough plan to get ready for a trip to squamish in September. A few questions for anyone's that been.

1) Is there any point in making grade comparisons? I cannot really get my head around the american system, but am trying to work out routes to aim for. I climb upto E4 normally....a bit harder on bolts (7b ish) would this put the grand wall in my sights?

2) Is it all predominately jamming and laybacking? I am not that bad at cracks, but am far better at face climbing. May have to get some crack training planned.

3) What classic routes are worth a look at? Interested in some long easy ones too.

4) Is Squamish expensive? THe normal barrometer for me is the price of a pint...how much is a pint?

5) I'm gonna get spanked right?!

6) Would a double rack of camelots, and double rack of master cams and various sizes of wires generally suffice? And a 70m single? We could also take 50m halfs possibly.

Any thing else I need to know, like how to avoid getting eaten by a bear, let me know.

Cheers, Si
... not showing 32 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums