UKC

Lenses and SLR advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nigel Thomson 12 Jun 2013
Hi Guys, I have a Maxxum AF 100-300 lens and a Maxxum AF 35-105 lens. I am aware these are compatible with the Sony Alpha range. My question is, is it worth buying a second hand body and learning a bit or putting them on ebay and spending the proceeds on a small amount of jazz talc?
 colinakmc 12 Jun 2013
In reply to the weegy: Don't know anything about the qualtiy of your lenses but a 35 mm full frame equivalent on an APSC sized sensor would equate to a 70mm lens - so even your widest is going to be a long way from wide angle (if you see what I mean)
So personally I'd stick em on ebay and get something else.
OP Nigel Thomson 12 Jun 2013
In reply to colinakmc: Yeah, cheers for that. The feedback was that the big zoom created purple tinges round edges and colour etc was very soft. The other lens is standard for an old plastic SLR. Ebay it is then. Ta.
 harry1969 14 Jun 2013
In reply to colinakmc: A 35mm FF lens would equate to a 52.5mm on Sony, Nikon or Pentax and 56mm on Canon APS-C bodies. It's a factor of 1.5 (or 1.6 for Canon) rather than 2.0 though this obviously doesn't mean the Maxxumm lens still sound crap though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...