UKC

Iain who?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Banned User 77 13 Jun 2013
In reply to Darren09: Cheers, pretty daunting but will be a great experience. Just 2 more weeks of high mileage left, pretty shattered right now.
 mattrm 14 Jun 2013
In reply to Darren09:

Well done Iain. It's an immense achievement.
Removed User 14 Jun 2013
In reply to Darren09:
Congratulations and the very best of luck. Fantastic achievement to make the team.

rb
 winhill 14 Jun 2013
In reply to Darren09:

Nice one, Iain.
In reply to Darren09:

Congratulations and good luck.

jcm
Clauso 14 Jun 2013
In reply to Darren09:

Congratulations indeed!

... Ricky Lightfoot won Borrowdale last year. I was 'researching' this in the bar of the Scafell Hotel last weekend.
 alooker 14 Jun 2013
In reply to IainRUK: Best of luck!
 MattJP 14 Jun 2013
In reply to Darren09:

Yeah but what has he done on tarmac? ;D

Well done Iain and good luck!
Removed User 14 Jun 2013
In reply to Darren09:

Good luck Iain, we're expecting great things from you ;=)!

In reply to Darren09:

Stupid question, by the way - what exactly is the difference between trail running and fell running?

jcm
 Banned User 77 14 Jun 2013
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: Well this is misleading as its ultra-distance, so 75km, so Trail running world champs misses out the crucial bit.

But fell running is normally trackless.. mountain running merges with trail running much more. I suppose a ven diagram would be best where you have some races which you could class as any of the 3...

But this is 5 very runnable 9 mile loops with 1500ft ascent per lap, fully flagged out, no navigation.
 alicia 14 Jun 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Nice one! Is the website for your blog still the same? I got a 'blog not found' error message.
 Banned User 77 14 Jun 2013
In reply to alicia: http://i...

Sorry I changed the name..

I may get some sponsors.. I'm going through a pair of trainers a month at least.. so thought I'd change it so its more identifiable to me...
 StefanB 06 Jul 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

If I have just read talk ultra's reporte correctly, major congratulations are in order: 3rd place for Iain! bloody well.done! inspiring!
 Al Evans 06 Jul 2013
In reply to IainRUK: Well done Iain.
 Steph Duits 06 Jul 2013
In reply to Run_Ross_Run: Well done Iain. Long time no speak but hope all's well?
 kevinknights 06 Jul 2013
In reply to IainRUK: Good work Iain!
 Banned User 77 06 Jul 2013
In reply to kevinknights: Was 4th.. Timing issue.. Team gold
mountainmadness 06 Jul 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Wowsers... I can tell my mates I know this Iain fella (sort of) haha

Well done buddy!
 Wonrek 07 Jul 2013
In reply to IainRUK: At least you didn't get lost in the woods like certain Team GB ladies I know
 Banned User 77 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Wonrek: Ahh really felt for her, she lost a chunk of time, 25-30 minutes someone said, pretty upset by it at the time I think but got gong again. No idea how it happened as it was very well marked, but she think as the TV wagon may have been in the way of a sign..

Wonrek 07 Jul 2013
In reply to IainRUK: lol, she's been taking navigation lessons from me I expect! We've all done it I guess but yes, I was gutted for her, such an amazing runner.

Well done on your result, great running
 mbh 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

Well done Iain!
 steveriley 04 Aug 2013
Just watched this on Channel 4, looked great, and nice one Iain. Repeated Tues at 3:50am - set your tellyboxes.
OP Run_Ross_Run 04 Aug 2013
In reply to SteveRi:
Had a look, couldn't find it. Whats the name of the prog.
 yorkshireman 04 Aug 2013
> (In reply to SteveRi)
> Had a look, couldn't find it. Whats the name of the prog.

Must have meant Wednesday (eg. feels like Tuesday night to most of us!)

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=5441578

Thanks for the heads up, and congratulations to Iain.
 Banned User 77 04 Aug 2013
In reply to yorkshireman: If anyone knows how I can watch it online from outside the UK let me know.. or if I can get hold of a copy... would be good to see..
 Ridge 07 Aug 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Just watched the repeat from last night, impressive stuff. Any luck getting a copy Iain? If not I'll see if I can get the recording off my hard drive onto DVD.
 Banned User 77 07 Aug 2013
In reply to Ridge: Aye.. thanks.. watched through UK proxy TV.. but should be on dreamteamTV and youtube in the next few days.. I know the other teams are keen to see it...
 Mark Torrance 08 Aug 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

So, from the blatant product placement, I'm assuming you managed to get that Ibuprofen sponsorship deal sorted?
 Steve John B 02 Sep 2013
In reply to yorkshireman:
> (In reply to Run_Ross_Run)
> [...]
>
> Must have meant Wednesday (eg. feels like Tuesday night to most of us!)
>
> http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=5441578
>
> Thanks for the heads up, and congratulations to Iain.

I recorded this (V+'d it?) at the time, just got round to watching it. Good work Mr R!
 steelbru 02 Sep 2013
Half page profile on Iain in the new edition of Trail Running magazine
 Banned User 77 02 Sep 2013
In reply to steelbru: mate just sent me through a pic of it.. slightly strange.. I look like a character of family guy...
 steelbru 31 Oct 2013
Congrats Iain, officially ranked 42nd best ultra runner in the world
http://www.skyrunning.com/images/stories/ranking/2013-ultra-ranking-men.pdf
 Banned User 77 31 Oct 2013
In reply to steelbru: Strange.. I did no qualifying events, they used the world champs as a qualifier I think. Thanks for that anyway.
 gd303uk 31 Oct 2013
In reply to Run_Ross_Run: impressive , well done indeed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...