UKC

New Kalymnos guidebook?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Voltemands 17 Jun 2013
So VF/climbing/walking in the Dolomites is not going too happen on my student budget. Gutted.

We are however going to book flights to Kalymnos this evening. Woop. Before I go ahead and order the guidebook to start drooling over for a few months, is anyone aware of any planned new editions out soon? A friend of mine mentioned that he'd heard an updated version was in the pipeline but googling gets me nothing. I have been looking at the 2010 edition (978-960-9456-19-7). Being a hard up student I would like to avoid buying one, only for a newer version to hit the shelves soon after. Thanks.
 Simon Caldwell 17 Jun 2013
In reply to Voltemands:
There's enough stuff in the old one to keep you busy until you've graduated and paid off most of your loan
 Carless 17 Jun 2013
In reply to Voltemands:

Chatted to Aris last month and he said hopefully early 2014 but certainly didn't guarantee it
 mark catcher 17 Jun 2013
In reply to Voltemands: If you buy the guidebook in Kalymnos thet give you a paper supplement with all the new routes in, or you can just pick that up when you're there.
 carl dawson 17 Jun 2013
In reply to mark catcher:

Yes, I believe 2014 is the target date. Go on www.climbkalymnos.com for the routes update.
Carl
OP Voltemands 17 Jun 2013
In reply to Voltemands: ok. Sounds like I'm safe to buy the 2010guide. Cheers guys.
 Aris 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Voltemands:
Actually next edition of Kaly-guidebook it is planned for spring 2015.
Right now I am working on a selective guidebook for the rest of Greece, I hope we will be able to print this one next spring (2014).

Cheers,

Aris
 Skyfall 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Voltemands:

How does a "hard up student" afford a trip to Kaly?
 krasavenko 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Skyfall: I've been looking at tickets myself and you can find flights for ~£170 if you book in advance

Just curiopus - when are you doing?
OP Voltemands 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Aris:

Good luck with the new guide.
OP Voltemands 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Skyfall: By spending ALL my spare money on the trip.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...