/ NEWS: VIDEO: Nalle Hukkataival vs La Force Tranquille, ~8C

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 18 Jun 2013
Nalle Hukkataival repeating La Force Tranquille, ~8C, Magic Wood, Switzerland, 4 kbNalle Hukkataival has made the second ascent of Daniel Woods' La Force Tranquille, ~8C, at Magic Wood/Averstal, Switzerland.
On his blog, Nalle writes that he "...tried it one day 4 weeks ago when everything was all wet, and now banged it out in two days with no time to rest!" and that he"...took...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68137
In reply to UKC News:

Pretty smooth send, nice one Nalle!
Michael Gordon - on 18 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC News:

So he fell off then did it next go? A very 'devastating' fall then!

And no matter how hard it looks it can't 'literally' look nails.
Björn Pohl - UKC - on 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Michael Gordon: I don't know if it's up to you or me to decide how devastating Nalle's fall was. I guess we simply have to take his word for it ;)
True about the nails-issue. It's just that it looks as though he is hanging on by his finger nails. And that I mean literally.
Michael Gordon - on 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:
> (In reply to Michael Gordon) It's just that it looks as though he is hanging on by his finger nails. And that I mean literally.

Fair point!

Ged Desforges - on 19 Jun 2013
In reply to Michael Gordon: The report doesn't say it literally looks nails, it says it certainly looks nails. I agree.

I assume it was devastating in that he'd just done one of the hardest bits of climbing of his life, then fell off easy ground when a hold broke, and probably worried he wouldnt be able to do it again. I'd be devastated too.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Michael Gordon - on 19 Jun 2013
In reply to Ged Desforges:

The report was changed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.