Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Best Alpine Areas for Long Rock Routes

CurlyStevo - on 19 Jun 2013
Hi,
I'm thinking of heading to the Alps late July early August sort of time. Looking for long rock routes to around uk VS / D+ (on trad gear) or F6a+ on bolts, although if anything either not sustained at this grade or a slightly easier overall grade. Primary interest is trad climbing.

It would be handy if there was both day trip & multi day hut based climbing available. In a similar vein it would be nice if some routes ended up on the top of a summit, although abseiling back down (and not carrying axes, boots and crampons) would generally be the norm.

Which are the best alpine areas for this sort of thing. I've only been to Chamonix so far, we are tinkering with going back there again and concentrating on Envers du Aiguilles area.

However it would be quite nice to go somewhere else and chamonix has had a lot of snow this winter / spring and is also exposed to more changeable weather than some of the more central / southern alpine areas. Also many of the trad routes are not super accessible for day trips up from the valley.
... not showing 32 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums