ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Yet another font film

climber34neil - on 19 Jun 2013
Is it just me getting on a bit and maybe stuck in the rather gloomy past but do we really need yet another film about bouldering in Fontainebleau ? About 10 years ago or maybe more there was a great film called "bleau" which unsurprisingly was about bouldering in font and featured top climbers going about their business in the forest. Marc la menestrel, jo mont, jackie godoffe, (spelling!!) some cool French dude with mad hair who looked like Einstein , Phillip le denmat and others on classic problems and first accents of cutting edge problems at that time, all very inspiring stuff. Not long after that and in a very different format there was a film called http:bloc with strong young French climbers doing there thing in font and a bit in the peak as well which again was inspiring , entertaining and informative. None of the films I have seen since seem to have captured this in the same way and appear to me as just another film about some strong person doing something hard but ultimately soulless and dull. Is there to many now or am I just getting old and missing the point?
... not showing 12 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums