UKC

A really good (short) video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 OliBangbala 20 Jun 2013
Not sure if its been on here already but i Just thought i would share this because i really enjoyed it.. A brilliant and committing bit of climbing and just the right dose of humour at the end

youtube.com/watch?v=VLSgpjj1vj0&
 Alex Winter 20 Jun 2013
In reply to OliBangbala: You might enjoy the film that they made too:

youtube.com/watch?v=V3DTXq289wk&

Tom de Gay takes a really nasty fall off Weather Report at the end. Does anyone know if he was ok?

OP OliBangbala 21 Jun 2013
In reply to OliBangbala: Jesus, not sure I wanted to see that! I'm guessing by the length of the fall, missing the Matt and blood curdling screams that he broke his leg(s)?
Hope he recovered ok
Rigid Raider 21 Jun 2013
In reply to OliBangbala:

In the first video, does the bloke at the bottom think he'd be able to catch the climber if he fell?

...and what about all that chalk, eh? It certainly takes away the need to find the holds. It's a bit like climbing by numbers.
 Fraser 21 Jun 2013
In reply to Rigid Raider:
> (In reply to OliBangbala)
>
> In the first video, does the bloke at the bottom think he'd be able to catch the climber if he fell?

Psst, spotting's not about 'catching', it's about damage prevention or at least limitation.
 Ciderslider 21 Jun 2013
In reply to Fraser: Yeh, but I think from that height it's a case of hands up all those who want a severely compressed spine :-0
 EeeByGum 21 Jun 2013
In reply to Alex Winter: First film was brilliant. Second film would have brilliant if it wasn't for the awful music. Why oh why do climbers insist on inflicting their personal music taste on the poor viewer of their videos?
 gethin_allen 21 Jun 2013
In reply to Rigid Raider:
> (In reply to OliBangbala)
"In the first video, does the bloke at the bottom think he'd be able to catch the climber if he fell?"

I was worndering the same.

" ...and what about all that chalk, eh? It certainly takes away the need to find the holds. It's a bit like climbing by numbers."

Give the lad a break, he was bricking it and we all in that situation more chalk is always the right answer.

In reply to gethin_allen:

I thought it was very loyal and quite funny of the spotter in the first video, by the end he looks more like a religeous fanatic and at least if they have their hands up it shows that are are paying attention.... though i think he would have plenty of time to pull them out of his pockets and push him onto the mat if he were to fall.

Agreed with the chalk, certainly used less than alot of sport climbers i have seen and in such a committing situation surely you would want everything in your favour!?
In reply to OliBangbala:
"I'm guessing by the length of the fall, missing the Matt and blood curdling screams that he broke his leg(s)?"

only just brought myself to watch that all the way through, hearing the complaints about his back, and his mate chuckles as he asks for an ambulance!?!?!?
 jfmchivall 21 Jun 2013
In reply to OliBangbala:

Sweaty palms watching that last segment. He clearly wasn't happy for quite a lot of the climb before that point - especially compared to his climbing on some of the earlier routes - but it looked like he was almost home and dry when he fell.

Not an easy watch!
 The Pylon King 22 Jun 2013
In reply to Alex Winter:

god yeah shite music
 Calder 22 Jun 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:
> (In reply to Alex Winter)
>
> god yeah shite music

Yeah some of it, but then they've got some Boards of Canada in there so I'll forgive them.

Nice to see a whole bunch of route I've never heard of too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...