UKC

anyone stayed at beeches farm campsite (wye valley)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
alanlgm 21 Jun 2013
As the title says

looking for the lowdown on the above campsite as thinking of going to Ban y Gor next weekend (28th) with a group of about 10 has anyone stayed there if so whats it like.

or does anyone have any alternatives that are near to the crag.

cheers

Al
 JIMBO 21 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: nice place, good views. They've tightened up on camp fires and now provide a fire pit and sell wood - but it seems rare to find a campsite that allows fires at all.
Cheap and clean. Enjoy, although the pub is at the bottom of the hill
alanlgm 21 Jun 2013
In reply to JIMBOnice one mate cheers for the info
 trennie23 21 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm:
Yeah its a great campsite. Chilling round a fire and admiring the view is a good way to spend the evening, we walked down to the pub but its probably not worth it so just take some bottles with you.
 Simon Cahill 24 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: stayed last year, all good, clean hot showers needs coins if I rembemer right. A great walk down hill to the pub but a hell of a slog back up!
 GrahamD 24 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm:

Others who have stayed more recently may confirm or deny this but I think you need to book for a group - its certainly what our club was told.
Removed User 24 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: Advise booking in advance, especially with a group that size. It can get quite busy on summer weekends these days. Number is in the guide.
 cem 26 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: You need to book in advance these days
 Blue Straggler 26 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm:

Definitely book, and definitely go there, it's great.
 sbattams 26 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm:

im off there this weekend infact (29th-30th), first time on this site and i have booked in advance hoping for good weather.

Steve

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...