UKC

Dog owners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fmck 23 Jun 2013
Why does there seem to be a endless trail of story's of hill walkers losing their dogs. Chasing animals etc. its an animal and the responsibility of its owner to ensure its safe as well as other wildlife. I don't understand why its so difficult to understand the concept of using a lead. A extendable one clipped into the belt allows the animal to dart about.

I read of a recent one when a dog owner went out to search for a lost dog on the hill on a hot day and the dog collapsed with heat stroke. MR had to rescue. Its wearing a fur jacket what do you expect. Are dog owners missing something other than their pet?
 Duncan Bourne 23 Jun 2013
In reply to fmck:
like this? Fenton, Fenton Jesus Christ
youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU&
 Milesy 23 Jun 2013
In reply to fmck:

Away and boil yer heid.

By endless trail of stories, you really mean random events in thousands upon thousands of times dogs are out with owners in the hills?
OP fmck 23 Jun 2013
In reply to Duncan Bourne: p
Ha ha. Nice one.

Hey milesy do you own a dog called Fenton ?
 Run_Ross_Run 23 Jun 2013
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

That's where Clarkson got it from!! Was wondering where.
 jezb1 23 Jun 2013
In reply to fmck: Silly post. It's fairly obvious you only hear the negative stories.

Me walking my dog and nothing eventful happening doesn't make the news does it?!
Jim C 23 Jun 2013
In reply to fmck: Watch yourself, there are a lot of dog and cat lovers on here.
OP fmck 23 Jun 2013
In reply to Jim C:

I have a dog and he goes on a extendable lead clipped onto my rucksack belt. Never lost him. If I don't need a jacket on the hill he stays at home he doesn't get the option to remove his jacket. Common sense no ?

We even have a life jacket for when he's on the boat. Sounds daft but the handle on his back makes it easy to grab him and move on and off.
estivoautumnal 23 Jun 2013
In reply to fmck:

This is worth 3 out of 10.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...