Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Alpine course worth it?

sheffieldchris - on 23 Jun 2013
looking for a little validation here.
I have spare time this summer for a trip to the Alps. I have hiked there and many other mountains of the world before but want to do more technical routes.
I have been to over 6000M so just getting to high points is not the focus, can rock climb to VS/HVS on a good day, winter climb to IV.
My problem is that none of my mates have the time or much inclination to come out with me.
I have looked at a course run by the French UCPA and the cost of 1400 for 2 weeks does seem fair when you factor in costs of guides,cable cars, transport, all food and accommodation. My reservation is that will it be actually worth the time, as for the first few days of the program it goes through a lot of the things I am already competent at.
My question is, should I try and join a club this short notice to go with them, go on the course or try and find a partner willing to climb with on here?
... not showing 16 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums