UKC

Broken bone in foot - recovery time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 23 Jun 2013
Had a little slip descending from III Bell above Kentmere yesterday and bashed my foot pretty badly along the outside edge and under my little toe, but managed to slowly run the nine miles back to the car. Pretty sore and swollen with lots of nice purple bruising along the side and across my toes. Hoping it is only bad bruising, but a break is looking like a distinct possibility. Will try and get it x-ray'd tomorrow.

Any ideas how long I won't be able to run for if it is a break?
 Skol 23 Jun 2013
In reply to The New NickB:
Sorry to hear that Nick.
If its bruising it should be as pain allows, but if its broken metatarsal etc then most ortho pods go with up to 6 weeks non weight bearing in a cast.
Hope it's bruising!
Skol
OP The New NickB 23 Jun 2013
In reply to Skol:

A cast would be horrendous, would have to be very inventive to maintain fitness, a few other things might be problematic. Lets hope it is just bruising!
 Skol 23 Jun 2013
Depends what you've done. Normally it's a below knee backslab for 2 weeks then a ski boot!
Get x rayed when you can and hope for the best.
Ice it and elevate. If your struggling to walk get some crutches when you go to A and E
Skol

If it's a small fracture, about 4-5 weeks.
OP The New NickB 24 Jun 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Just had an x-ray done, thankfully not broken. Swelling has started to go down as well, should be running by the weekend.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...