Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Hit and Run Car Collision

Big Jim The Climber - on 23 Jun 2013
Last night my wife was off to some friends to babysit for them. On the way there she was travelling up a narrow country lane (car and a half width) , she saw the other vehicle and pulled over tightly into the hedge as the other vehicle was travelling quite fast. He was in the centre of the road and swerved suddenly to avoid collision. He bounced off the bank and into my wife's car and then bounced off into the hedge again and then drive off. My wife's car was so badly damaged she was unable to open the door. But fortunately she was not hurt.
The police are satisfied that she was not to blame and other witnesses vouch for that. The only details we have for the vehicle is that it is a Green, Land Rover Discovery, V registration ( Cheesewring area)
We contacted the insurance company and we have been told that we will have to pay our excess (350) and will loose our no-claims.
There seems to be some loophole in our insurance where if we had the drivers details we would be covered but as we have no details we are left footing the bill. Does anyone have any experience of this? Did you manage to come to some agreement with your insurance company?
Jim
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums