UKC

dry rock today

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 paul mitchell 23 Jun 2013
New Mills Torrs had about 15 totally dry routes today,after a night of heavy rain locally,but was deserted today.The bouldering was all dry.Several HVS's were dry as were several VS's totally dry,for those who think the place is too hard for you.Mather Crack and Electric Circus were also dry.Classic E1 and E2 with good gear.Pumpernickel,round to the right of the bridge was totally dry,and a great pump at E3 5c.The HVS 5b next to it is a way to get up to the lower off on Pumpernickel to set up a top rope.The trees really do a great job as umbrellas.
The crag is 5 minutes walk from the train station at New Mills central.

I guess some climbers just have so much money to spend on the plastic pump that they don't consider a visit...
The local heron was fishing by the crag today as well...

The Pylon King 23 Jun 2013
In reply to paul mitchell:

sounds nice. if i still lived up that way i would have been there!
 xplorer 24 Jun 2013
In reply to paul mitchell:

Hermits cave at cratcliffe offered a dry venue for me today. Worked on a few me problems.

Didn't feel any wind or rain until the walk out.
 MischaHY 24 Jun 2013
In reply to paul mitchell: Which routes did you climb? The Torrs is my local so I'm there quite a bit, didn't get there yesterday though, I wanted to work some 7a problems so went to Awesome Walls in Stockport instead. Have you done 'Ultimatum' (E3/5c) up the centre between the ArĂȘte and Mather Crack? That's one to get the blood pumping!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...