ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - 19 Crags (Eastern Grit) in less than a day

Skinny - on 24 Jun 2013
My climbing buddy and I are intending to tick every (main) crag in the RockFax Eastern Grit (the latest revision) in 1 day (or less). This equates to 19 crags, so an aim to climb 19 routes (1 on each) in less than 24 hours.

We've tried to pick a route at HS or above, with at least 1 star (according to the guide book), with the idea being to tick a route on every crag from Wharncliffe down to Black Rocks.

Starting out early (obviously), with some tactical parking to reduce down on the walk-ins. Taking the minimum of gear to each venue to lead then second (i.e. no solos).

Has anyone tried to do anything like this before? (I'm sure folk have) and does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it slick? Gear up at the car? Drive between crags with harnesses and helmets on? Only eat pick n'mix? Stay tied together even in the car?

If anyone has any brilliant hints or tips (or other suggestions), then it would be good to hear.

Thanks.
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums