UKC

DMM 3cu/4cu?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Donnie 24 Jun 2013
So I'm looking for some cams for my first trad rack. I've noticed that DMM 3CUs and 4CUs are a bit cheaper than the rest - DMM Demons and Dragons, WC friends, BD camalots etc.

Is there any reason why I should get more expensive ones?

Thanks
 GridNorth 24 Jun 2013
In reply to Donnie: Some climbers don't like the twin stem design as the stems can twist in some placements and produce some torque which, it is claimed by some, can weaken the placement and permanently distort the wires.

If you are looking for a good deal try here: http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/showPart.asp?part=PN31070&product=Black%2...
 CurlyStevo 24 Jun 2013
In reply to GridNorth:
I would personally say there are positive and negative points to all the cams on the market and you should make your choice taking these in to account with respect to price.
 jkarran 24 Jun 2013
In reply to Donnie:

The smaller 3CU are really rather good. Design-wise they're slightly outclassed these days by Zeros and the like but for the money they're great.

The 4CU are good solid cams and great value. The main problem is it's relatively easy to kink the stems so if you actually fall a lot then bendy single stem devices for a bit more money might outlast them.

jk
 CurlyStevo 24 Jun 2013
In reply to jkarran:
unfortunately they've stopped making 3cu under size 1, and are completely phasing out 3CU's in the near future. To my mind the two smallest sizes they no longer make should be the most useful, although the headwidth is actually not all that much narrower than the latest model of the 4cus in those sizes anyway now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...