UKC

PRESS RELEASE: Trailer for The Last Great Climb (by Al Lee)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 24 Jun 2013
Trailer for The Last Great Climb (by Al Lee) goes live, 4 kbThe trailer for Alastair Lee's latest film, The Last Great Climb, is now available to view online.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5592
 Tyler 26 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

How do there's fim makers get all the tracking shots from above?
 Alastair Lee 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Tyler: Hi Tyler, do you mean the aerial shots, shot from an aeroplane? We got the shots on the way out after our pick up from basecamp, it was a glorious evening! Al
 Tom F Harding 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Alastair Lee:

Looks great Alistair, looking forward to adding it to my Asguard project and Autana DVD's.

I think he meant how do you get the views of people on the lead from above, without a rope between them and the camera crew/belay.
 Alastair Lee 26 Jun 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber: In that case no aeroplanes were involved, but static rope, jumars and re-leading the odd pitch was. Its a complete pain in the a*** but if you're making a climbing film at some point the viewer expects to see those money shots looking down the cliff face. We usually pick the most spectacular two pitches on the route and make the effort to shoot them from above once they have been lead of course. Then I'll jumar up with cameras in tow, pull my static out of shot, shout action and try not to drop anything or get frost bite on my buttocks. Easy to say, not so easy to pull off on a big wall in Antarctica.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...