UKC

VOTE. The best make of climbing hold

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
james evans 12 Nov 2001
What do you Feel the best make of climbing hold is, as you know i dont like indoor but i personaly prefer French Rock.
Jimmy the Whale 12 Nov 2001
In reply to james evans: I quite like the new DR holds (?) that have appeared at nottingham climbing wall.

Nice texture, interesting shapes.
james evans 12 Nov 2001
In reply to Jimmy the Whale: thanks i will have to check them out.
john 12 Nov 2001
In reply to james evans: The best hold is eaisly entrepris dont you think.
OP m@ 12 Nov 2001
In reply to john:

dunney's ninth life range is superb,

best slopers on the market,

laterzz

m@
Al Evans 12 Nov 2001
In reply to john: I prefer walls that have good and interesting 'features' they replicate the way people climb outside better as you can make the choice that best fits your body shape and size ergonomically.
Amersham all though not a huge wall is particularly good. especially the really useful 'tinies' on the right hand wall. Only problem I see with them is they're getting polished, has anyone got an answer to this, some sorf of cleaning that restores the original friction?
I also like Danny French's holds, they have good friction and the outrageous colours do away with that "is that a red one or orange" question.
Al Evans 12 Nov 2001
In reply to john: I prefer walls that have good and interesting 'features' they replicate the way people climb outside better as you can make the choice that best fits your body shape and size ergonomically.
Amersham all though not a huge wall is particularly good. especially the really useful 'tinies' on the right hand wall. Only problem I see with them is they're getting polished, has anyone got an answer to this, some sort of cleaning that restores the original friction?
I also like Danny French's holds, they have good friction and the outrageous colours do away with that "is that a red one or orange" question.
James evans 12 Nov 2001
In reply to Al Evans: Good chance to throw dannys holds in.
ben stokes 12 Nov 2001
In reply to m@:

I'm not sure I agree with that. Good shapes granted. However, they seem to get 'minged' easily.

Metolious and Uncarved Block make great slopers that unfortuneatly clog easily and are therefore high maintainence.

Wallkraft and French Rock make wicked slopers with good textures that offer great friction and don't clog. The French Rock one's are particularly good value.
OP ice 12 Nov 2001
In reply to ben stokes: Pusher holds are v good
tim 12 Nov 2001
In reply to james evans: What about WAGERHOLDS bolt-ons?They keep their texture,come in cool colours and they are cheap.
James evans 12 Nov 2001
In reply to ben stokes: I agree with your comments (i may be a bit biast tho). There is a great range of holds which contain great shapes, textures and are excellent value for money.
James evans 12 Nov 2001
In reply to tim: Dont think ive come across them.
OP tim 12 Nov 2001
In reply to James evans:They have got them at leeds,nottingham,bristol,kendal,WICC,liverpool,the edge,ETC ETC
Simon 12 Nov 2001
In reply to james evans: Dont know about best holds but Birmingham is best wall.
Marc C 12 Nov 2001
In reply to james evans: What about ACME Climbing Holds Co. ? They appear in a lot of Hanna-Barbera cartoons - and would appear to be the Harley-Davidson/Rolls-Royce of 'monster jugs' for climbing ridiculously steep buildings or even holding onto when falling through thin air..........
Simon 13 Nov 2001
In reply to Marc C: Thing is Acme thing tend to be dodgy if you look like a cayote.
RockGod 13 Nov 2001
In reply to james evans: The best wall is definatly not Birmingham try Sheffield walls.
James evans 14 Nov 2001
We could adapt this into which is the best climbing wall.
OP tim 14 Nov 2001
in reply to James evans: Leeds is the best wall in the country,even if it does get a bit busy week nights.
Graeme Alderson 14 Nov 2001
In reply to tim: Broughton without a doubt, but keep away because its too small for many climbers.
James evans 15 Nov 2001
In reply to tim: Never been. Must try it sometime

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...