UKC

Ski lifts in Zermatt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Stujbro 25 Jun 2013
I stayed in the Saas valley last summer and they had a deal for anyone using the campsites or hotels there that gave you free unlimited use of all ski lifts in the entire valley for the duration of your stay.

This year im heading to Zermatt and i was wondering if that same deal is available there??

Fingers crossed...
 jon 25 Jun 2013
In reply to Stujbro:

Are you kidding...?!
 Gawyllie 25 Jun 2013
In reply to Stujbro: would be surprised if they did the same in the matteral, although i hear the same deal is available in the Saas Valley this year
 67hours 25 Jun 2013
In reply to Stujbro: Been wondering exactly the same thing myself! Saas are doing it again this year I believe, but I can't see anywhere saying whether Zermatt are or not.
Stujbro 25 Jun 2013
Yea, i admit, it was a hopeful post. I was clearly spoilt last year.
 jon 25 Jun 2013
In reply to Stujbro:

They never give anything away in Zermatt. Last year the full price for Zermatt > Klein Matterhorn > Zermatt was 99CHF.
Stujbro 25 Jun 2013
I know, i saved about 500 quid on lift fees last year in Saas, i didn't expect it to be adopted in Zermatt. Pity
 streapadair 25 Jun 2013
In reply to Stujbro:

The campsite in Täsch last year was giving you a discount voucher for the KM lift, 20 or 25% I think (I had that Swisscard thing that gives half price on everything).

But free, dream on. Btw I understand the Metroalpin is excluded from the Saastal scheme this year, can anyone confirm? Great pity if true.
 KlaasW 25 Jun 2013
In reply to streapadair: yep Metroalpin excluded this year. It was great whizzing up to Hohsaas today for free!
 streapadair 25 Jun 2013
In reply to KlaasW:

Thanks, thought as much. Get the Lagginhorn?
 Blinder 25 Jun 2013
In reply to Stujbro: As previous poster have said you might get a discount , but that is it. Saas is the poor brother when Zermat is concered. They have a hard time over the last couple of years due to the strong CHF and hence have had to drastic actions. I am not clued in on Zermat politics, but I am sure they are seeing a down turn but because they are abit more high end free uplift will not make much difference.
Not a very helpful post in conclusion. But I am pissed and a Saaser.
 67hours 25 Jun 2013
In reply to streapadair: Is the Swisscard the same as the special Swiss ticket which covers your train fare to and from your final destination (e.g. Geneva > Zermatt)?

I.e. does buying that ticket get me 50% off the price of the Klein Matty lift.
 KlaasW 26 Jun 2013
In reply to streapadair: didn't do Lagginghorn (yet) as I injured my foot bouldering in Font... Looks great though: quite a bit of snow but not too bad. Foehn wind blasting over the summits though.
 wilkie14c 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Stujbro:
Ski lift to the Matterhorn cost me more than the flights over!
phil27uk 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Stujbro: There is no free offer in Zermatt unfortunately. It was the same last year when there was the offer in the Saas Valley. I bought the Peak Pass that you get a reduction on if you have the transfer ticket. It works out a lot cheaper than paying individually - the prices are here http://www.zermatt.ch/en/page.cfm/p_peak_pass although it is still pretty expensive
 streapadair 26 Jun 2013
In reply to 67hours:

No, the Swisscard is another thing, gets you half-price on virtually every mode of public transport for a month, including the KM and other Zermatt lifts. It's by no means cheap (not that anything in the Confederatio Helvetica is) but I think it saved me a bit last year.
http://www.swissrailways.com/swissCard.html?lang=en
 streapadair 26 Jun 2013
In reply to KlaasW:

Been up the L'horn 3 times, and the snowiest was much the most enjoyable, i.e. the least chossy. The Föhn's no fun though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...