ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Buying guide books for everything?

BStar - on 26 Jun 2013
Sure, I live near to a couple of crags so I have got the books for them as I go there often, but I was wondering what people do when they visit somewhere just for the day or the afternoon, do you spend 25+ on a book that you will use for 1 or 2 routes?

I am off to Scotland next week, mainly to do a bit of scrambling, walking and photography. I have seen on the 'find crags' tool that there is a multipitch route that I could convince the Mrs to lead a section of that is right on the doorstep to our campsite, but I'm not sure if spending 25 on a book just for one route will be worth it in case we don't have time or the right weather and the fact we are only there for a short period of time.

What do other people do? Buy the book and man up or try and blag it on the day?

On a completely separate note, if anyone has a copy of 'Scottish Rock - South' and wants to scan me a sample page and send it across before I buy it I would be very grateful! :)
... not showing 24 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums