UKC

Shell jacket that fits me

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Daniel Caola 26 Jun 2013
I wonder if some of you can help, so I don't have to try on every jacket in the whole world. I have fairly wide shoulders and long arms, but a short body. So if a jacket has enough freedom of movement in the arms for me, it's nearly always too long in the body. This isn't so much of a problem with jackets which have a waist drawcord, as I can leave the bottom hem a bit floppy so it doesn't interfere with leg movement. But in a waist length climbing specific jacket it's a bit of a no-no.
Also I have a big head(!) so I find that most jackets zip up very tight over my face, leaving not enough room for a fleece neck tube thing.
So, do any of you remember trying on a jacket which was unusually short, or had very long arms, or seemed very roomy around the face when zipped up?
I'm replacing a mountain hardwear exposure jacket now many years old, much too warm but fitted perfectly. Nearest so far are the Patagonia shelter stone jacket, and a couple of the Rabs, the Myriad and the Bergen, but neither are perfect.
Thanks if you can help. It will probably be more for UK winter but thought I would post in this forum as it might get more attention this time of year!
 alooker 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Daniel Caola: arc teryx beta fl fits me perfectly, and I think I have a similar body shape to you by the sounds of it. I found it in keswick (planet fear I think...)

It's not the most durable feeling jacket though, scottish winter may be a little harsh on it but then my shell stays in the pack most of the time anyway
Daniel Caola 26 Jun 2013
In reply to alooker: Thanks, I also tried the Beta as its a shorter jacket but even so a bit tight around the shoulders. And I don't like the hood! But thanks for trying!
PS I should have put this in the 'gear' forum shouldn't I...
Daniel Caola 26 Jun 2013
In reply to alooker: I've just reposted this thread in the 'gear' section... if you have a reply please go there? thank you very much still getting used to site...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...