Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - New shoes!

rjacko10 - on 26 Jun 2013
Hi guys,

I've been climbing for just under a year and have finally decided to upgrade my Boreal Joker's for Boreal Lynx's (please search google images if unfamiliar...).

I have only done a couple of (indoor) sessions in my new shoes and I have immediately noticed the massive difference the pointy toe makes. I understand that the pointy toe means if the shoe is side on to the wall there is more contact with the rubber. But if the toes are facing the wall then this contact is now severely reduced and increases my chance of slipping.

So is the idea to eliminate climbing with the toes pointing towards the wall? i.e. should I always be climbing with my feet side on to the wall? If so, then surely this is restricting body shapes?

Also smearing seems a lot more unnatural and even damaging to the shoes. Smearing was one of the strongest points of my climbing but now I just don't feel there is enough contact.

Any advice to handle these shoes will be much appreciated!

Thanks.
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums