UKC

how quickly does Tremadog dry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Hy 26 Jun 2013
Going to Tremadog at the weekend, but forecast says it'll be raining from midday Thurs to Fri evening. so the million dollar question how quick will it dry?
 wilkie14c 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Paul Hy:
As you watch it usually!

I've had a pot of tea in Erics during rain and when it stopped, exposed routes were bone dry by the time I'd walked over and geared up
 nniff 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Paul Hy:

My rule of thumb was that if the road was dry, the crag was dry. A few seepage patches would catch you out from time to time, but by and large you could sit in the cafe watching the road change colour and set off accordingly.
In reply to Paul Hy:

Tremadoc (partic Bwlch y Moch) is one of the fastest drying set of crags I've ever been to.
 wynaptomos 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Paul Hy: It can seep a lot and take some time to dry after prolonged wet periods but we've had a lot of dry weather here over the last few weeks so as the others have said I would expect it to dry very quickly on saturday.
 patrick_b 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Paul Hy:

You can climb Striptease before the rain even stops..
 Jim Walton 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Paul Hy: as said above, if the road is dry then crag is usually dry. Many people say that Striptease stays dry even in heavy rain, I've climbed it in the rain. Not much fun. Merlin drys pretty quick.

If its raining hard but still wan to climb then go and do The Hylldrem Girdle on Carreg Hylldrem. HVS 5a and you are traversing under a roof for the first 3 pitches. Do able in the pouring rain.
OP Paul Hy 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Paul Hy: Thanks guys, was hoping for answers like them. just hope forecast fro Sat/Sun is right!!
 ChrisJD 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Paul Hy:

I thought everyone knew that it never rains at Tremadog!

(road dry = crag dry: also always worked for me at Trem, bar the odd seep)
 ark05 26 Jun 2013
lower parts of pitches in the summer/spring can stay quite wet for a while cause of the tree cover.
 Owen W-G 26 Jun 2013
In reply to ChrisJD:

I prefer to watch the benches outside Eric's. If dry, then...
 patrick_b 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Jim Walton:

I didn't say anything about it staying dry! I found it fun though. Probably add a grade.

Hylldrem is a good shout.
 Bulls Crack 26 Jun 2013
In reply to Paul Hy:

Not quite as quickly as Shepherds or Stoney but they're not in Wales.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...