UKC

Shell jacket that fits

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Daniel Caola 26 Jun 2013
I wonder if some of you can help, so I don't have to try on every jacket in the whole world. I have fairly wide shoulders and long arms, but a short body. So if a jacket has enough freedom of movement in the arms for me, it's nearly always too long in the body. This isn't so much of a problem with jackets which have a waist drawcord, as I can leave the bottom hem a bit floppy so it doesn't interfere with leg movement. But in a waist length climbing specific jacket it's a bit of a no-no.
Also I have a big head(!) so I find that most jackets zip up very tight over my face, leaving not enough room for a fleece neck tube thing.
So, do any of you remember trying on a jacket which was unusually short, or had very long arms, or seemed very roomy around the face when zipped up?
I'm replacing a mountain hardwear exposure jacket now many years old, much too warm but fitted perfectly. Nearest so far are the Patagonia shelter stone jacket, and a couple of the Rabs, the Myriad and the Bergen, but neither are perfect.
Thanks if you can help.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...