Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Harness questions (mostly gear loops!)

martinph78 on 28 Jun 2013
Hi all,

In need of a replacement harness as my BD Momentum AL is too large for me now I've lost weight. They don't make the same harness anymore, the new version is nothing like the old one and I don't fancy it (doesn't look as though it will last as long, the old one is tough and comfortable!)

Had a look at a few today, including the DMM Renegade.

With regards to gear loops, any advantages of angled loops over the straight ones? I reckon the wider/flat loops on the Momentum are quite roomy, I imagine tapered gear loops to be a pain with all the gear bunching forwards?

I liked the floating waist, very neat feature that I can't see having a disadvantage.

There is no haul loop. I've only used mine for anchoring myself when belaying at the wall to be honest. Don't think I'll miss not having one as I only hang my belay device and trainers on it. The extra gear loop would be useful though.

Weight isn't really an issue for me, but wear (the old Momentum Harness had leather (or similar) in the high wear places. I've a lot of wear on the back of the harness.

I might keep my Momentum for winter (it'll fit over layers!), in which case I just need a good trad harness. That or an all-round harness for trad and winter use. Any recommendations? It must be tough, all-day comfy, weight not much of a concern, and plenty of space for racking gear (I like to spread things out a bit).

To be honest, the Renegade was the only thing that interested me today, but I wasn't sure about the angled gear loops. If the Momentum still fitted I'd be sticking with it as I can't really afford a new one right now.
... not showing 31 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums