Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Portable home training wall design – any ideas or improvements?

Tom F Harding on 29 Jun 2013
Life circumstances are making going climbing very difficult so it’s time to build a home training wall. I’m going for the standard 45 deg’ woody with a bit of a twist. One of the main requirements is to make it easily portable for moving houses.

My idea was the build it out of smaller individual smaller sections (170cmW x 60cmH) that bolt together. It was obvious you could set each section a different angle and make them adjustable using a carefully drilled board on the side.

This is the plan so far…

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=895CF4699A312541!132&authkey=!AOczdFkKpy8_waM

Orange sections of wood are 47x100mm and the green ones 47 x 75mm. All the ply is 15mm with the drilled boards on the side being doubled up and resin’ed together to make them 30mm. You get 90deg’ of adjustment, up to 45deg’ up and down with an option for no change in angle and a 22.5deg’ change. Static rope is used to support the wall allowing adjustment (black lines in the photos).

It’s all a bit complicated but I think it will work. Before I set to work through any advice or ideas would be much appreciated,

... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums