UKC

Chamonix Public Transport Thingy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dutybooty 02 Jul 2013
Seems a bit plain for this forum, but it fitted it best.

When you stay in Cham they give you that little ticket for free train rides etc.

Does it include the Montenvers train? Or is that classed as a lift on the lift pass?
 jon 02 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

It's a guest card rather than a ticket. It covers the bus and the train. I'd think it highly unlikely that it would cover anything belonging to the Compagnie du Mont Blanc. The Montenvers railway would be classed as a lift.
 Alex Buisse 02 Jul 2013
In reply to jon:

Yes indeed, I can guarantee it isn't included in Cham's public transport system.
troglodyte 02 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty:

It's definitely a lift.

But you can buy multiday passes up to 10 or 15 days in either consecutive or non-consecutive days for the lifts. Can work out relatively cheaply if you are there for a while and want to go up some of the more expensive lifts often.

When we were there they weren't advertising this very heavily... check out
http://www.chamonix.com/summer-pass,79,en.html
 joe.91 02 Jul 2013
In reply to troglodyte: The summer pass looks ideal for what I'm planning in September, what does the 'Transferable securities' mean at the bottom of the page? And what form of picture?
OP dutybooty 03 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Aye I've picked up one of those multiday passes, but asked for it to ask for the day after I arrive, now realised I get there a very early and looking for somewhere to play on arrival day.

Had an idea to go and just walk around/practice a few things on Mer De Glace. Might just take a hike up to Plan de L'Aiguille.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...