UKC

Bizarre foot pain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
OK-let's have some UKC semi-expert opinion. I am sat with both legs straight, angled down at 35 degrees ish from chair to floor. If i left the top of my right foot, pivoting from heel (which is still on floor) towards my shin (ie bring toes closer to shin with heel on floor) I get a pain across the top of my foot. The pain is non-localised. Shoes too tight? Too much of this barefoot running nonsense?

It has happened on and off for about a year, happens ever now and then and in cushioned shoes, fell shoes, minimal shoes. Broke calcaneus 3 years ago but so far have avoided (touching wood now...!) any achilles problem. Pain can be exacerbated by using muscles in foot and leg to twist foot (i.e. not wrenching it with hand). Can happen by making a bad step on rocks; repetitive foot strikes on flat surface can hurt but don't necessarily make it worse. Hurt badly this morning, has got better as day has worn on. Can have pain in arch at same time. Arch on right foot lower than left (physio identified the break as cause for this when I last saw him about 6 months ago).

Lots to read but hopefully someone will have an idea about what's up! Not debilitating really but quite annoying.

Thanks in advance,

Ed
 Alex1 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Days on Rock:

My advice would be to go and see a decent podiatrist. I've had similar foot problems basic diagnosis was I had high arches and my foot strikes were not ideal - this was causing pain over longer distances due to biomechanical effects (I'm not even going to pretend that I fully understand this). I got some good advice on insoles and trainer type (eg a flexible sole). Probably worth seeing someone who (hopefully) knows what they're talking about...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...