UKC

Otway, the movie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris the Tall 02 Jul 2013
In reply to stroppygob:
No, but I want to !

Will be campaigning for a showing in Sheffield
In reply to stroppygob: I'm back in Blighty in Oct/Nov, I'm desperately trying to arrange to be in the Great Torrington area for that showing.
Rock and Roll's Greatest Failure: Otway the Movie – review

John Otway's fans are famous for their devotion, and now they've helped him make a movie. The results are rather wonderful.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/jun/28/rock-and-roll-s-greatest-failure...
 Doug 04 Jul 2013
In reply to stroppygob: No dates for Paris

Have fond memories of seeing Otway & Barrett in many different venues in Aylesbury back in the 70s, from scout huts, back rooms of pubs, to outdoor events such as the (in ?)famous hobble on the cobbles

Is Willy in the movie ?
 Chris the Tall 04 Jul 2013
In reply to Doug:
No idea, but he has done several shows with Otway in recent years, so I wouldn't be surprised.

The last time I saw them together concluded with Willy taking a power drill and then a saw to one of Otway's guitars !
 John2 04 Jul 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall: One of my favourite stories about Otway is how on the strength of his first (and only) hit single he flagged down a classic Bentley which had overtaken him and proceeded to buy it there and then.
In reply to stroppygob: His two autobiographical books are wonderful. The last time I met him, he was playing St Just in Cornwall, (how low can you go?) I had a beer and a chat with him, and he genuinely still thinks he can make it big if he keeps trying.

You cannot help but love the guy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...