Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Dog Food - question for the canine owners

TheDrunkenBakers - on 03 Jul 2013
Hey all, some may remember that i have a choccy lab pup, which is now just over ten months old.

He is as fit as a fiddle and perfectly on weight (we weight his food at every meal as choccy's are prone to over eating, and he is no exception).

We have always fed him Royal Canin Maxi Junior as this was what he was weaned on from the breeder and the vet suggested to leave him on this for some time. He is still on this but at about a year we can consider alternatives. I spoke to the vet yesterday for advice and he recommended Purina Pro Plan as an alternative.

Problem is both are incredibly expensive - Ive just bought a 2 X 15kg bag of RC for about 85 online which will last a couple of months. Purina is pretty similar. both are about twice that in the high street.

What do other dogs owners feed their canines? There has to be decent cheaper alternatives.

... not showing 85 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums