UKC

NEWS: North East Climbing & Walking Festival

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Jul 2013
The Cheviots from Bowden Doors., 3 kbFestival season comes to Northumberland on the weekend of 19-21 July for the Northe East Climbing and Walking Festival. This is an opportunity for local climbers and walkers to welcome newcomers to the outdoors, and to showcase 'the County' to people from further afield.

For climbers,...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68178
 slapperv6 03 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: Just what bowden needs!
In reply to UKC News: sounds good maybe I'll come, not that I'm biased or anything but coming from Northumberland and having lived in the Peak for years, I for one would prefer Northumberland over the Peak any day, apart for those unclimbable VS's of course - at two of which are E3 / 6b these days.
In reply to Dave Turnbull, BMC: 'at least' that is
 Madden 03 Jul 2013
In reply to slapperv6: Just send everyone across to back Bowden, or Kyloe, where the rock's more sound.
frazoir 04 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: I doubt that any of the crags in the Bowden/Kyloe area need more people climbing them. Crag Lough, and possibly the Great Wanney, could.
 JDal 04 Jul 2013
In reply to frazoir:
> I doubt that any of the crags in the Bowden/Kyloe area need more people climbing them. Crag Lough, and possibly the Great Wanney, could.

Who mentioned Bowden or Kyloe? We may use Spindlestone Heugh and Cullernose

martinph78 04 Jul 2013
In reply to frazoir: I agree, but as both of those are more than 5mins from the car I doubt that they will ever be very popular.

I was at Crag Lough yesterday and some of the higher grade routes desperately need traffic.
 Simon Caldwell 04 Jul 2013
In reply to Martin1978:
> I was at Crag Lough yesterday and some of the higher grade routes desperately need traffic.

I was there last weekend, and some of the lower grade routes do as well.
 The Mole 04 Jul 2013
In reply to Toreador: there is a continuation of last years restoration of Crag Lough planned for the 7th September. Details out in the next couple of weeks
 full stottie 04 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Great! A positive event with good intentions in a great climbing area. Come and have some fun and lighten up. Take no notice of the moaning minnies and Nimbys.

I've been climbing here for years and never experienced the heaving hordes typical of some other places, and I don't think a weekend climbing festival will change all of that. Yes, our rock and crags need taking care of, but they also offer some fantastic routes at all grades.

If someone wants to organise another similar event next year at the Wanneys or Peel or Crag Lough, please get on with it. I'll come to that too.
 martinph78 04 Jul 2013
In reply to The Mole: Cool, should be able to get along to that this year. Was gutted I couldn't make last years.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...