Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Quick fix expedition fitness

GrendeI on 04 Jul 2013
If someone is willing to educate me in the ways of increased fitness and improved diet whilst I'm sat at the airport it would be greatly appreciated.

My dilemma; after a great winter, I found myself eyeball high in thesis work and job pressure. Almost all physical activity went out of the window and for the last few months I've eaten nothing healthier than burgers, pizza and chicken nuggets (ok that's a lie I have salad every day for lunch) . My issue now is I have 7 weeks of expedition to look forward to and am feeling pretty out of shape despite having relatively good fitness post winter.

So my plan is to scrub up my strength and fitness, but my issue is I only have 25 days to attempt to make any reasonable progress. I don't want to injure myself but do want to make the most of the time I have.

My plan is to have a short 5/6 km daily morning run, with gentle evening exercises, interspersed every other day or so with long hikes (c.12-16km) carrying weight. Does anyone have any points to note/comments on this plan or any other exercise recommendations?

Now the big issue is my diet. I know nothing about good training, pre/post-exercisefood. But can cook reasonably well. So pointers there or a suggested diet plan would be massively appreciated.
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums