UKC

Walking - Le Plagne, Les Arcs, Val d'Isere

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
RichieBizzle 04 Jul 2013
Hi all,

I am off to the alps next week to do some walking and biking with the family and was wondering if you had any recommendations for good walks... nothing to extreme as my parents are coming but really just trying to get an idea of where is best out of Le Plagne, Les Arcs and Val d'Isere?

I don't want to end up walking round a crummy ski resorts through the summer so would be great if anyone ha any recommendations.

Thanks as always,

Rich
 Wainers44 05 Jul 2013
In reply to RichieBizzle: We spent two weeks at St Foy last summer which is a small resort sort of mid way between Val and La Plagne. The weather was boiling so we looked for as many ways to get high up in the cool as we could. Quite a few of the chairlifts were working and the ones out of Val and Tignes gave access to good tracks but all quite busy.

Best quieter areas were above Le Miroir which is up the east side of the main valley between Bourg St Maurice and Val. You can drive up almost to La Savonne and there is a beautiful walk up to the Ruitor Refuge which did good food. We didnt get that far but the walk on up to Lac Noir is very good to.

On the drive up you pass the Via Cordatta which is a wire free Via Ferrata, you use your own rope and its easy scrambling. We did it one evening and reaaly enjoyed it!
altirando 05 Jul 2013
In reply to RichieBizzle: Some big walks from val d'isere including the Grande Sasse and the circuit of Mt.Pourri although this latter could be accessed from LesArcs.
RichieBizzle 08 Jul 2013
In reply to altirando: Thanks all, can you believe the year we decide to go abroad instead of the lakes is the year we get amazing weather in blighty.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...