UKC

My first video (bouldering at Lynmouth)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 EdGS 04 Jul 2013
vimeo.com/69571234
Comments and feedback please
pasbury 04 Jul 2013
In reply to EdGS:

Dab at 2:30!
 MischaHY 04 Jul 2013
In reply to EdGS:

Great edit. Some fun looking problems, and the video was spot on, some closer shots would have improved the feel of it though. Oh, and use your feet more
OP EdGS 05 Jul 2013
In reply to pasbury:
> (In reply to EdGS)
>
> Dab at 2:30!

Thought someone might notice that
OP EdGS 05 Jul 2013
In reply to rasmanisar:
Thanks for the comment For my next video I'll definitely get some closer shots, just about spending time to edit them all together.
 Neil Amos 09 Jul 2013
In reply to EdGS: Are they your problems or ones established by other climbers and your are repeating? Looks nice down there but that 7b sloper traverse looked about 6b and the 7a+ didn't look it
 sculptor 10 Jul 2013
In reply to EdGS:

My ten pen' 'orth...climbing is all about good footwork and balance...concentrate on that and you won't go far wrong....even/especially on steep stuff.

Cheers dude
 craig1983 10 Jul 2013
In reply to EdGS:

I know videos can be deceiving, but that looks like some of the softest grading I've ever seen.

'The Joker and the Thief-7a' would struggle to get 6a at Dumby!

In terms of the video itself...not a bad first effort. Need to work on editing though and improve your clip transitions.
Removed User 10 Jul 2013
In reply to craig1983:

A million times this

That 'extended' slopey traverse 7b?!
 Jams 15 Jul 2013
Good video man.
However i don't think the climbs looked right for the grade... The 7a and 7b looked a tad easier!

keep it up though!
OP EdGS 17 Jul 2013
In reply to EdGS:
This whole area has been developed by the Grant Edwards and Mike Cleverdon, among others, and I'm just going by the grades in the online guide, found at http://javu.co.uk/Climbing/Guides/Lynmouth_EastGuide.pdf

The extension to the Slopey Traverse really is 7B; the holds are pretty bad.
And the Joker and the Thief is hard, mainly due to the lack of footholds, though the handholds are not that great either.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...