UKC

Aiguille Du Midi - Helbronner damn thats expensive

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dutybooty 04 Jul 2013
Wow, 78 euros for a return trip? Even if you've already bought the multipass?

Have I understood that correctly? Is there an alpinist rate like the Midi?
 Gawyllie 04 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty: any idea how much a bus through the tunnel is?
 Oceanic 04 Jul 2013
In reply to punj:
> (In reply to dutybooty) any idea how much a bus through the tunnel is?

14 Euros for a one way ticket, not sure about the cost of a return ticket.
 simonzxr 04 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty:
Doesn't that price include the trip up the midi? I paid something like 24 Euros for a return on the Helbronner last year.
RobHumphries 04 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty: I asked about the Helbronner two days ago at the ticket office at the bottom of the Midi. My french might be wrong but I'm fairly sure that the multipass would cover the cost of the midi, which would make the Helbronner 28 euros as a return. I don't know if there's an alpinist rate because i think the guy thought we were tourists looking for a simple return. The problem at the minute is that it's having work done on it at the lift station, so generally for tourists the cars don't open at all and simply go into the station and back. Apparently there are two 'alpinist' times though, during which the cars will open and you can get out. These are at 7-730am and 3:20-3:50pm, or something similar. I hope that's some use, although as I say, my french could be iffy so it might be worth checking some things like alpinist rates or the times that the cars open.
OP dutybooty 04 Jul 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Thats not bad at 28 euros. Have one of those multipass things. So that's not too bad. Shall have to use my French (slow and loud English with sivuplait at the end) to determine when I get there
 Gawyllie 04 Jul 2013
In reply to Oceanic: thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...