UKC

Moel Siabod with Dog(KCCS)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
arnold666 05 Jul 2013
Hi,
off to Snowdonia this weekend. i'm thinking of taking my king charles cavalier spaniel for a walk on moel siabod up the scrabmble.

will this be ok? she has regular long walks on hills, difficult bits i can pick her up i suppose.

ta
arnold
 d_b 05 Jul 2013
In reply to arnold666:

Almost all the rock steps are avoidable. I don't think she will have much trouble.
In reply to arnold666: If you mean the SE ridge (Daear Ddu) there's a path that avoids almost all the scrambling. Or you can take bits more direct if the dog's keen. It's mostly pretty easy angled (and easy) which might suit her
arnold666 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com: Yep, was thinking of the DD ridge. Good point about the path just in case she struggles. will let you know how we get on. should be nice weather.

thanks again.
In reply to arnold666:
> (In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com) Yep, was thinking of the DD ridge. Good point about the path just in case she struggles. will let you know how we get on. should be nice weather.
>
> thanks again.

I would think that the bigger challenge this weekend is going to be heat. Take plenty of H2O for the little un.

Up High 05 Jul 2013
In reply to arnold666: You should have no problem up DD ridge, just respect the sheep, as you will be on Rhos farms land.
Your dog should be on a lead on the initial slopes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...