UKC

Lakes Haute Route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Big Z 08 Jul 2013
So some friends and I are thinking of doing this route i found in an article:

http://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/upload/545275/attachments/lakes%20haute%2...

I'm just wondering if anybody has done this route before, even just some sections? I'm just trying to get a feel for the severity of the walk and what we should expect.

We have all done a couple of the national trails so were not stranger to long distance walking but never in the lakes.

Tah,

Z
 Ardo 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Big Z: Just did it last week, except we went over Robinsons and down Newlands valley for Buttermere to Keswick.
Start feels a bit contrived, but some good days walking and Boot to Buttermere is the best and toughest day, in my opinion.
The basic route is very steady and my mid 60's in-laws both managed it without issue. Overall, a good way to spend a week in the Lakes.
Big Z 08 Jul 2013
In reply to nrhardy: Sounds good. Can i ask what you did for accommodation? We are planning on camping, preferably wild camping but will go to a campsite if needs must. Did you come across many camping areas?

Tah,
Z
 Ardo 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Big Z: I booked B&B all the way round, as we wanted a comfortable en-suite holiday! Plenty of campsites, though not sure about Glenridding and there'll be some exceptional wild camping opportunities.
Big Z 09 Jul 2013
In reply to nrhardy: Sounds like it's going to be good. If anyone can recommend some decent wild camping spots along the route that would be cool, if not i'm sure we can find some nice spots.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...