UKC

Targasonne

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
M.Muncaster 08 Jul 2013
Has anyone been bouldering in Targasonne. My wife and i are thinking of going at the end of august and we are wondering if anyone can recommend a camp site or if there is anywhere locally to hire a bouldering pad?
 chalkyjim 08 Jul 2013
In reply to M.Muncaster:

I only saw one camp site called 'la griole' and they are ace. Will rent pads and lend you a topo guide.
M.Muncaster 08 Jul 2013
In reply to chalkyjim:

Many Thanks, la griole looks perfect.
 tintinandpip 09 Jul 2013
In reply to M.Muncaster: It might be a bit hot still at the end of August, as well as Targasonne there are boulders in the Orlu valley above Ax Les Thermes about 45 minutes from Targasonne. They are very shaded and close to the river, topo available from the TIC in Ax (and perhaps on the net). There are also some excellent granite crags near Targasonne on the road that runs from Mount Louis up to the Refuge de Bouillouses. In the summer you have to either walk or use the tourist shuttle bus to access the road. These routes have currently been under going some re-bolting but I think that they are open again. I can give you more info on these if you need it.
 tintinandpip 09 Jul 2013
In reply to M.Muncaster: www.pyrenees-cerdagne.com/fr/...forte/412-escalade This shows the location of the granite crags and info about Targasonne.
 Fraser 09 Jul 2013
In reply to M.Muncaster:

There's a dedicated article on Targasonne in this month's 'Grimper' magazine. It might be worth seeing if you can get hold of that (and speak French) Looks rather nice!
Paul F 09 Jul 2013
 Neil Amos 09 Jul 2013
In reply to M.Muncaster: We went there over the summer a couple of years back and although it was hot, we climbed every day. Skin was a tad sore though. Loads of great spots and not too many people. The camping at la grille was great though I heard the campsite had changed ownership

The place mentioned down head ax le therms was good but very moquitoey and unpleasant after a while which was a shame. Worth a visit though
M.Muncaster 29 Jul 2013
In reply to M.Muncaster: Many thanks for the advice. We've booked a caravan at La Griole for a few nights. Just counting down the days now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...