Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Powders, potions and pills to aid training

Toby S - on 09 Jul 2013
I'm not talking about EPO, steroids or boosting hematocrits via other dodgy means, I'm referring to the vast array of whey powders, protein powders, soluble tables, brightly coloured milk shakes.

Are they snake oil or do they have any benefits?

I've ramped up the amount of exercise I'm doing over the last couple of months after becoming the heaviest I've ever been. I was at 110kg and 5ft11 (with apologies for mixing metric with imperial!), I've lost weight and am now down to about 103kg and still have plenty more lard to shift. Simple enough formula, lots of exercise, healthier eating and cutting out the snacks.

I've been using the SiS Go Hydro tablets to help me rehydrate and while I was picking them up I was looking at the various other powders on offer and wondered whether they were worth the price as they seemed extortionately expensive. Are things like Whey powders worth buying to complement exercise or are they waste of time? Any recommendations if they are worth a shot?

... not showing 13 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums