/ Scary times in America

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tony Naylor on 09 Jul 2013
Looks like the Americans are under the thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Ku17CqdZg
But there appears to be a a way round it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFxijuRjX1U

:-)
Dr.S at work - on 09 Jul 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor: seem like nice and polite customs guys to me
In reply to Dr.S at work:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that they aren't actually at a border. Which puts a different complexion on things, I think.
In reply to Tony Naylor:
Yeah, that's obvious from the video. Nothing too exciting - I still think the goons seemed pretty polite.
PopShot on 09 Jul 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor: We need this in Britain, not only to detect illegal immigrants but to detect those in possession of illegal drugs and those who are driving with illegal drugs in their blood-stream.
GrahamD - on 09 Jul 2013
In reply to PopShot:
> (In reply to Tony Naylor) We need this in Britain, not only to detect illegal immigrants but to detect those in possession of illegal drugs and those who are driving with illegal drugs in their blood-stream.

Bang on. All Trolls should be sent back to where they came from.

hokkyokusei - on 09 Jul 2013
In reply to GrahamD:
> (In reply to PopShot)
> [...]
>
> Bang on. All Trolls should be sent back to where they came from.

Norway, presumably?
In reply to GrahamD:
> Bang on. All Trolls should be sent back to where they came from.

Good call :-) I wouldn't mind if he was any good at it.
> (In reply to Tony Naylor) seem like nice and polite customs guys to me

Sure, some of them are pretty polite. My point wasn't about their manners, though - it was to question whether random stop and searches and random 'citizenship checks' are a good thing. I was assuming the thread title made that obvious, but maybe I should have been clearer.
In reply to hokkyokusei:
> Norway, presumably?

Yeah, they've got those troll hunter guys. One of them could explode him.

Choss Weasel on 09 Jul 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:
> (In reply to Dr.S at work)
> [...]
>
> Sure, some of them are pretty polite. My point wasn't about their manners, though - it was to question whether random stop and searches and random 'citizenship checks' are a good thing. I was assuming the thread title made that obvious, but maybe I should have been clearer.

As long as they back up what they are doing with a map & compass ;)
In reply to Tony Naylor:
are they random? looked like every car was being stopped at an organised and established checkpoint (most of them anyway) and ALL people were being checked.

At least some of these were close to an international border, known to be very porous.
xplorer on 09 Jul 2013
In reply to PopShot:

You're an absolute idiot!
stroppygob - on 09 Jul 2013
In reply to xplorer:
> (In reply to PopShot)
>
> You're an absolute idiot!

No he's just a troll, and not a very good one. The idiots are those who respond to him.

Back to the OP, the USA has this myth of "freedom", it's quite laughable really.

xplorer on 10 Jul 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

I think you're popshot. You've been rumbled
wintertree - on 10 Jul 2013
> (In reply to Tony Naylor)

> At least some of these were close to an international border, known to be very porous.

They have permanent, fixed checkpoints for identity on some of the arterial roads leading away from the Mexican border. I've been stopped at them and it makes alone off sense - massive border with a few choke poInt roads draining it.

They have more check points for agricultural inspection and the like. It's a different place and they do things differently.
Bimble on 10 Jul 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:
> (In reply to hokkyokusei)
> [...]
>
> Yeah, they've got those troll hunter guys. One of them could explode him.

All we need is some christian man's blood as bait...

As for 'citizenship checks', it's a bit rich in a country built on stolen land in the first place. It doesn't look like you any obligation to comply anyway, so just keeping going & ignoring the fools looks like the best option.
Jim Fraser - on 10 Jul 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:

This constitution thingie: can we have one here please?

Timmd on 10 Jul 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor: I can't help wondering if he gets stopped because he's brown.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.