UKC

Leschaux Hut rock climbs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 markmcgladdery 11 Jul 2013
Number of years ago was there and did a wee route called 'Trotte Marmotte' (I think!). Camptocamp shows topo for 'Dark Cristal' and a few others.
Heading up in August with plan to do Contamine on Petites Jorasses, but wondering if worth spending 4 nights there if any other shorter routes behind hut now?
Thanks for any info.
 jon 11 Jul 2013
In reply to markmcgladdery:

In Piola's 1991 coffee table book 'Le Mont Blanc 2', the chapter on the Aig Pierre-Joseph has four routes on Pierre-Joseph Pointe 2842m and five routes on Pointe 2940m. There are no real topos in the book, just very schematic sketches, and my scanner has died! I don't know if there are topos on line for the routes but I'll give you the names anyway so you can search. There might of course be other routes now, as well as Dark Cristal and Trotte Marmotte. There's probably more choice and better documented around the Couvercle

Pointe 2842.
La Zone G TD-
Voie Engelmann-Compte D+
Voie du Porche TD+
Voie Directe ED-

Pointe 2940.
Voie des Escaliers TD+
Dame Marmotte fait des Siennes ED-
Voie Centrale ED-
On n'a pas des Metiers Faciles ED-
Nonchalance d'Iguane ED
In reply to markmcgladdery:
Thanks Jon, will check them out!
 alasdair19 13 Jul 2013
In reply to markmcgladdery: I did a 6b+ one a few years ago the old guardien gave us the beta. Don't have my records so can't remember name but fun day. Not that sustained. Great atmosphere at the hut. Also did the w face of the moine I think a kinda long walk first though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...