UKC

NEWS: 3 Ascents in a week for the Indian Face, E9

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 Jul 2013
The Indian Face Send Train
Today, The Indian Face, E9 6c, on Clogwyn Du'r Arddu has just seen its 6th and 7th ascents respectively from Calum Muskett and George Ullrich. This is probably one of the few times the route will ever see a 'queue'.

Having both enjoyed...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68209
 Owen W-G 12 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing!
In reply to UKC News: That's amazing :-O
 Dave Foster 12 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

How small does that pint glass look compared to George's hammer!

Leggends.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 12 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant effort(s) guys,

Chris
 jkarran 12 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I just get a 'page not in database' error for the link and the picture?

jk
In reply to jkarran:

This is true indication of how much the level of the top climbers has risen.
 SiWood 12 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I wonder if JD still thinks top trad climbers are not trying hard enough these days?
In reply to SiWood: pre placed gear did I read that seems a bit silly, surely the gears bad enough not to need that skill set?
 George Fisher 12 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I think climbed with Callum a few years ago at the Beacon. He was a keen as mustard (jumped up) kid who thought he was going to be an amazing climber one day.

Seems he was right...

Just reading JD's book, not got to IF bit yet, it's great seeing all the action it's getting now.

deacondeacon 12 Jul 2013
In reply to Laurent Moseley: err, in my experience crap gear is much harder to place. An ascent of Indian Face pre-placed gear or not is an amazing Effort. Three ascents in such a short space of time is amazing. Of perhaps you think they also cheated by following each others chalked handholds up too.

Brilliant climbing, well done to all three
 Hat Dude 12 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Like buses aren't they, you wait ages for one

Amazing stuff guys
 Blue Straggler 12 Jul 2013
In reply to Dave Foster:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> How small does that pint glass look compared to George's hammer!

Sure it's not a half?
 wilkie14c 12 Jul 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:
Another Welsh classic on its way to being ruined by polish....

Well done guys
 Dave Foster 12 Jul 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Judging by the size of his balls it's more likely a stein...
 JLS 12 Jul 2013
In reply to wilkie14c:

>"Another Welsh classic on its way to being ruined by polish...."

'Might as well get the bolts in now, and we can all have a go.
 Jonny2vests 12 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

That should break the spell.
 butterworthtom 15 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:
I look forward to UKC collapsing in on itself after this news article. The final piece of climbing related discussion that could possibly occupy the forum is now obsolete. The vacuum created by the lack of Indian Face related ramblings will create a black hole within the UKC servers, sucking in the entire website along with Mick Ryan and Chris Craggs.

This is quite possibly the best news article to ever appear on the website.
 Epsilon 15 Jul 2013
In reply to butterworthtom:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> I look forward to UKC collapsing in on itself after this news article. The final piece of climbing related discussion that could possibly occupy the forum is now obsolete. The vacuum created by the lack of Indian Face related ramblings will create a black hole within the UKC servers, sucking in the entire website along with Mick Ryan and Chris Craggs.
>
> This is quite possibly the best news article to ever appear on the website.

Here's something to stoke the fires:

@johnredhead: after the on-sight attempts of 'Margins' I thought the future bright? No! Usual crap of pre-placed gear, blu tac, practice sponsored bully.

@johnredhead: I think DMM should be blown up for promoting its brand of consumer sport on Cloggy! Indian Face - When will climbers be free again?.
 Jonny2vests 15 Jul 2013
In reply to butterworthtom:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> I look forward to UKC collapsing in on itself after this news article. The final piece of climbing related discussion that could possibly occupy the forum is now obsolete. The vacuum created by the lack of Indian Face related ramblings will create a black hole within the UKC servers, sucking in the entire website along with Mick Ryan and Chris Craggs.
>
> This is quite possibly the best news article to ever appear on the website.

Steady on Tom, else you might disappear up your own arse before you're 30.
 Banned User 77 15 Jul 2013
In reply to George Fisher:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> I think climbed with Callum a few years ago at the Beacon. He was a keen as mustard (jumped up) kid who thought he was going to be an amazing climber one day.
>
> Seems he was right...
>
> Just reading JD's book, not got to IF bit yet, it's great seeing all the action it's getting now.

Aye just finished JD's book yesterday.. not sure Cal was ever jumped up.. confident for sure, but quietly so but his climbing does the talking. He'd mentioned he fancied IF a while back, which had me worried, so great to see he's got it done. As a route which suited his style, and on his door step, I think it was something he always wanted to have a go at at some point.
 butterworthtom 15 Jul 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests:
> (In reply to butterworthtom)
> [...]
>
> Steady on Tom, else you might disappear up your own arse before you're 30.

The UKC black hole will probably get me first...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...