For Sale/Wanted forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - FS: Softshell for winter, Marmot, large, red

nickinscottishmountains - on 12 Jul 2013 - user since 02/Jul/03
Price: 99
I've got a red Marmot Genesis softshell for sale. Size is large and the Marmot website has information on sizing. For what it's worth, I'm 6'2" and medium build and it fits me fine. It is a winter weight hooded softshell jacket that is great for winter climbing, winter hillwalking, ski mountaineering , skiing etc.

The hood fits well over a climbing helmet. It has three zipped pockets, one inside by the main zip, and one for each hand. It has pit zips for ventilation too. It has an internal ipod pouch too.

In terms of layering for winter, I have worn this with either just a baselayer underneath if warm winter conditions or moving fast, or if cold winter conditions or crap weather conditions, I have worn this with something like a Rab VR smock underneath next to skin, or a baselayer and technical fleece. It is a versatile winter softshell.

This jacket has been used on 6 days and definitely has plenty of life in it still to go. It is still cutting it in terms of waterproofing and weather proofing. I would gladly wear this for winter climbing right now safe in the knowledge that it is up to standard. Reason for sale is gear clear out.

The best way to get me is on mobile O78O2 888O72. The Genesis is in Edinburgh and I am regularly in Edinburgh - we can easily arrange collection or drop off around central Scotland.

Nick
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums