UKC

Maps of Sweden

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Ponting 13 Jul 2013
--not sure if this is really "Expedition & Alpine", but probably more suited to this than Hilltalk which was my other thought--

Does anyone know where in Sweden sells decent maps? I've looked in some of the bookshops and outdoor shops here in Gothenburg, and the only maps I can find are 1:50000 maps of selected areas from a brand called Calazo which are quite frankly awful!

Basically, I'm looking for a Swedish Ordnance Survey equivalent... anyone?
OP David Ponting 13 Jul 2013
In reply to David Ponting: Oh, and before anyone suggests trying GPS mapping, I really dislike it - I'm very much a map and compass user - so would far rather have real maps in my hand!

I still remember the sign pinned in the cockpit when I would fly as an air cadet - "GPS not to be used for primary navigation"
 jamie84 13 Jul 2013
In reply to David Ponting: For previous mountain trips in Sweden I've used Lantmateriet Fjallkarta series. They seem to cover all the major mountain areas, but they're 1:100 000. Did the job fine in some fairly atrocious weather in winter.
Bought them in a bookshop in Stockholm but saw them in several other touristy type places.
testagrigia 19 Jul 2013
In reply to David Ponting:

The lantmäteriet also do a 1:50,000 series of their fjällkartan. Can buy them online:
http://www.resebokhandeln.com/mountain-150k-c-140_142.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...