Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - peru video

monkey_moves - on 14 Jul 2013

....been ages since ive posted anything, but thought I'd share a short video from a recent trip that some of you might enjoy? (I gone with the intention of filming something else and had another project all lined up that fell through...read I got sick/ams and had to sack it off haha)

anyway here is the video from the trip as it ended up, no story, just hopefully some beautiful shots, and apologies if you hate the music :P

https://vimeo.com/70253164

Shot mainly on a panasonic gh3 & 2 with only 2 lenses, and very small travel tripod, all edited, processed and graded in CS6 (PP & AE

Nerdy/techy details......All the nighttime long exposure timelapses were shot in full RAW sequences to extract as much detail and ability to deal with noise - read that as stupid storage and render times in post, 10gb raw sequences are not fun...over 350gb of footage in total!

settings ranging up to 3600 iso, wide open apertures (I used quite fast lenses) and 20+ sec exposures, full manual WB, ISO, Focus, shutter etc, many batteries, insane amount of clothing (was wearing 2 down jackets at times it was so cold in the wind, and some of these shots took hours and hours)

froze my ass off over many many long nights at rather hefty altitude....luckily the friction at night is great and the climbing was ace, but regardless the place was amazing,people were cool and a good time was had by all!
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums