UKC

Decent/cheap resaurant in Saas Valley

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ralphio 17 Jul 2013
As per the title. Can anyone recommend any decent, and failry cheap restaurants in the Saas Valley. Also, any good bars you'd recommend? Thanks.
 JLS 17 Jul 2013
In reply to ralphio:

The Broccolino Italian / Pizza place is about as cheap as it gets for Saas Fee. It's not super cheap but (relatively) good value.
 Kid Spatula 17 Jul 2013
In reply to ralphio:

Roby in Saas Grund is okay priced if you stick to the more basic fare. Otherwise it's expensive. There is also a little wooden bar near the centre down some steps that looks a bit out of place surrounded by gardens and out the way. They do food for quite cheap so long as it's around the time they are eating, and the guy is lovely. He asked us last time how much we wanted to pay!

I'm a bit funny when I'm in the Alps as I tend to take an enormous amount of spending money as I know things will be pricey.
 pookie 17 Jul 2013
In reply to ralphio:

Popcorn and the bar under the Hotel Dom (where old Popcorn was) can get quite lively (for Saas Fee!) and Happy Bar at the S Grund end of the village is worth a look too.

Rasso does a good chicken and chips with salad which isn't too pricey from memory. Alternatively, the butcher opposite does good rotisserie chickens to take away but you have to pre-book the day before as they're popular!
It's not cheap but as others have said, if you're on holiday...

Have fun,
Pete
 Kid Spatula 17 Jul 2013
In reply to ralphio:

The bar under the Dom is ace. A lot of the bars are a bit odd, bar that and Popcorn.
 JohnnyW 17 Jul 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula:
> (In reply to ralphio)
>
> The bar under the Dom is ace. A lot of the bars are a bit odd, bar that and Popcorn.

Yup, what he said.......
 Fiskavaig 17 Jul 2013
In reply to ralphio: Dom Hotel, Sass Grund, english spoken and a menu in English, the Rosties are good and filling, and the price for these was not to bad, that was 4 years ago though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...