ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Anyone else failing to make the most of the weather?

Ramblin dave - on 17 Jul 2013
As per the title, really.

One of my big goals for this year (as for every other year) was to get on more big long easy mountaineering routes - which isn't that easy when you live in East Anglia. We've just had a month or so of near perfect conditions for big long easy mountaineering routes, during which time I've had a couple of pre-planned trips to the peak (which were a bit of a waste of time given that we can climb on grit all winter and now it's bordering being on too hot to be much fun), a couple of weekends when I've been on holiday abroad, and a couple of weekends when I've had Other Stuff To Do. While everyone else has been ticking off classics on Lliwedd and Cloggy and Scafell and Dinas Mot and Great Gable, the most I've got to show for it is a couple of days exploring some moorland grit. We're finally getting to North Wales the weekend after next, and the long term forecast is suggesting that we'll be just in time for the current Awesome weather system to be replaced by a more standard Piss-Miserable one.

*grumbles*

Anyone else in the same boat and want a bit of a moan?

... not showing 13 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums