UKC

Apprentice winner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Skyfall 17 Jul 2013
I would normally hesitate to call it culture but it is TV...

Anyway, so, Louisa didn't lose because she can't resist the opportunity to get her baps out at any opportunity? It was to do with her other small businesses, right.....
andymac 17 Jul 2013
In reply to Skyfall:

Have not watched this series at all.

But I did catch a few minutes of the interviews last night.

Margaret can fuc* off.

And so can that Claude bloke. Who in the hell would want to work for people like that?

The worst was the 'captain of industry' from a few years back ,with the Croation/Serbian sounding name.

OP Skyfall 17 Jul 2013
In reply to andymac:

They aren't real interviews, the CV's are cr@p, and it is, after all, TV. So I wouldn't point the finger at the interviewers.
 ThunderCat 17 Jul 2013
In reply to Skyfall:

I cringe a bit at the toadying, forelock tugging and arse kissing that happens in that boardroom.

I hope in the real world, Sugar might actually appreciate someone with a bit of bollocks who stood up and said, 'you know what? F*ck this, you're a tosser - keep your job'

It is TV after all, I suppose. Maybe he does work differently in real life.
OP Skyfall 17 Jul 2013
In reply to ThunderCat:

I'm 100% certain he is very different in real life. But maybe that isn't necessarily a good thing.
Jim C 17 Jul 2013
In reply to Skyfall: that Francesca did a good job of dancing in the final show, nice figure too.
 Yanis Nayu 17 Jul 2013
In reply to Jim C: Leah reminds me of a Stepford Wife. Quite what makes her an expert on these particular treatments didn't come across.
 The Lemming 17 Jul 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

Why would a natural blond dye her eyebrows?
 beardy mike 17 Jul 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity: Must be her 7 year training as a doctor from the age of 19 to um 24, giving her no experience? Think Luisa should have won - she changed into less of a hardcore bitch, has a proven track record in the industry and knows her market, bar making everything pink.... and she could have sold her other businesses... i mean f*ck me, how many businesses dopes alan sugar have? She should have just turned round and said it was a concern for her aswell that she wouldn't be getting 100% of his focus...
OP Skyfall 17 Jul 2013
In reply to mike kann:

Totally agree but, if you have been keeping tabs on the popular press, Louisa seems to enjoy the limelight shall we say (hence my OP). So I suspect the old badger didn't really want to get into bed with her (or did, but didn't, if you see what I mean).
 Yanis Nayu 17 Jul 2013
In reply to mike kann:
> (In reply to Submit to Gravity) Must be her 7 year training as a doctor from the age of 19 to um 24, giving her no experience? Think Luisa should have won - she changed into less of a hardcore bitch, has a proven track record in the industry and knows her market, bar making everything pink.... and she could have sold her other businesses... i mean f*ck me, how many businesses dopes alan sugar have? She should have just turned round and said it was a concern for her aswell that she wouldn't be getting 100% of his focus...

Ah, of course, she's a doctor so must know everything about everything. Did she have any experience in providing these treatments? It's nice to see that the NHS has had such a sterling return on its investment in her.

I'm also interested to know how far £250k would go in setting-up a business like that.
 blackcat 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity:Ah but did anyone notice when aske about morals,leah replied of course i wouldnt push treatments on anyone,id give them the correct advice,but was quick to tell one of the interveiwers what she,d do to his face when he asked her what would you do for this,lol.
 Nevis-the-cat 18 Jul 2013
In reply to mike kann:

If she is a Dr, the ink must still be wet on her certificate

or she's Doogie Howser.
loopyone 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Skyfall: Lets face it you wouldn't kick her out of bed and thats probably what sugars thinking as well.....
pasbury 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Nevis-the-cat:
> (In reply to mike kann)
>
> If she is a Dr, the ink must still be wet on her certificate

Is that some sort of euphemism?
 ClimberEd 18 Jul 2013
In reply to blackcat:

She said she wouldn't push the treatment on young girls.

The interviewer was a middle aged man.
 Philip 18 Jul 2013
She has no morals/ethics. She was quite happy to use the medical symbol (Caduceus) and the word "medical" for a business selling cosmetic treatment.

Medical is the practice of medicine. Medicine is the treatment of disease and illness.
 Mike Highbury 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Philip:
> She has no morals/ethics. She was quite happy to use the medical symbol (Caduceus) and the word "medical" for a business selling cosmetic treatment.
>
> Medical is the practice of medicine. Medicine is the treatment of disease and illness.

Just because you've a perfect visage, have you no care about the right dog sitting opposite me in the park?

Being ugly is disgusting and requires medical procedures.
J1234 18 Jul 2013
In reply to mike kann:
> (In reply to Submit to Gravity) Must be her 7 year training as a doctor from the age of 19 to um 24,

She fit 7 years in between 19 and 24 Awesome.
 Philip 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Mike Highbury:
> (In reply to Philip)
> [...]
>
> Just because you've a perfect visage,

Thank you

> have you no care about the right dog sitting opposite me in the park?

Isn't that a veterinary matter?

> Being ugly is disgusting and requires medical procedures.

True, but you can't euthenase the ugly - you just have to wait for them to have a routine operation on the NHS and chances are that'll kill 'em.
 Philip 18 Jul 2013
In reply to sjc:
> (In reply to mike kann)
> [...]
>
> She fit 7 years in between 19 and 24 Awesome.

Actually, it only takes 5 years to do medicine at Norwich. So you start at 18, and turn 24 in the final year. So at 24, given the series is filmed the previous autumn - she would have just finished her degree and started work at the hospital.

She's hardly a "fully qualified" Doctor. My friend is 30, had 1 gap year and did a 6 year course and has only just finished sitting more exams. Even her next position is still "training".
 balmybaldwin 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Philip:

But doesnt it depend on the level you want to get to? Surgeons etc have to do years of further training as they step up, but with the basic qual I think you can be a gp

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...