/ NEWS: Emma Twyford onsights Pretty Girls Make Graves (E6)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 18 Jul 2013
Emma on her onsight ascent of 'Pretty Girls Make Graves', E6 6b, 3 kbEmma Twyford recently made a very rare onsight of Pretty Girls Make Graves, E6 6b, on the Gravestones Wall of Cwm Glas Bach, in the Llanberis Pass. 

Emma has recently been on a trad mission, having previously focused on sport climbing and bouldering, she has recently been getting back into trad...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68216
Blue Straggler - on 18 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Good work. Has Emma not previously onsighted E7 or is that in my muddled imagination? (NB I do realise that it is possible to climb 'grade x' before climbing 'grade x-1' :-) )
tatz45 - on 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:
Headpointed Monopoly at Millstone but first E6 onsight I believe. Good work Emma.
wolverine - on 18 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: Nice one Emma!
stonemaster - on 18 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: the girl done good.
Max factor - on 18 Jul 2013
In reply to stonemaster:
Interested to know what sport grade you are climbing Emma.

thx.
In reply to Max factor:

She has on-sighted F8a. Pretty Girls feels about 7b+ to lead, putting the gear in. It does feel a bit bold low down getting established in the crack
Ian McNeill - on 18 Jul 2013
Max factor - on 18 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Briggs - Jagged Globe:

Thanks, Just trying to work out what sport grades people commonly climb who are banging out E5 onsites.
Carolyn - on 18 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Go Emma ;-)

Great effort.
In reply to Max factor:
> (In reply to Tom Briggs - Jagged Globe)
>
> Thanks, Just trying to work out what sport grades people commonly climb who are banging out E5 onsites.

Sorry, she 'flashed' Statement, not on-sight. Still, pretty much the most impressive 'flash' by a woman on British soil.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.